Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to the Grind...

*Warning. What you are about to read is very long. I will completely understand if you scroll right through it and just leave a comment! *Wink.

Ok just to sum up, the last month has been crazy nuts and I really don't see how I'm going to get back into the swing of things, but here is my first attempt.


My Gram's funeral was wonderful. A beautiful sunny day with lots of music and wonderful words were said and I can't believe how nice it is to see relatives that I haven't seen in years! Her casket was also incredible. It kinda looked like a fancy couch, so her, and so cute. I would just like to say one more time how grateful I am that I got to be there this last month to be with her, and hold her hand and just say goodbye. She was so dear to me. I am so grateful that I know we will be together again. I did take pictures of her awesome casket but unfortunately they are on my Mom's camera so I will probably never get copies. Oh well.



Anyway now I will just sum up the rest of the month. I was going to do a bunch of posts but I'm really not feeling up to it, so here it all is in one big long post. Between visits to Grams, we hit the Calgary Zoo, which was so much fun. I ate a lot of Sagoniese food, went to a family reunion, found out some exciting news, celebrated my birthday, celebrated Hadley's birthday, went to a vipers game, went to my favorite store, hung out with Aunts, Uncles and cousins, Spent time with Grandmas and Grandpas, visited Great Grandmas and Grandpas, played at the spray park with Jonas' Girlfriend, Caught up with my girlfriends, and went to a lot of movies. That's what we do at my house, we love to go to movies. Anyway I was supposed to be home on Monday August 25 but because my Gram's was rapidly going down hill, I struggled with the idea of going home. After a nice talk with Gram's, I decided to take her advice and come home to my Hubby. He was lonely after all. Anyway The day after I got home I received the call that Gram's was gone. So off I went, home again. Matt and Jonas got to go to Vegas and see Uncle Mark, and I got a weeks vacation! To sum it up, we are all officially exhausted. I don't know if I will ever recover.





Anyway here are a couple shots from the Zoo.


Jonas didn't quite make it through the whole ordeal.



Anyway we spent a lovely weekend at home just the 3 of us and it was wonderful. Although I think we may have scarred Jonas a tad. He has become extremely clingy, He has a fit if one of us leaves the room, or stands up, or if we're not touching him. I spent the last 2 hours of church in the hall with him because he would not go to nursery. *Tear. I hope this little phase doesn't last. Oh well I guess it's nice to be wanted. Anyway that sums up almost everything. Now on to something so truly exciting I think I'm about to jump out of my chair and shout for joy! I came home Thursday night and found a rather large box on my kitchen counter. And this is what it contained...



Yes. Meet my new "Curvy" friend! My only worry is that I will not live up to the wonderfulness of this machine. Heck, I only know what 3 of the feet do! Anyway I am so looking forward to the doors this may open up for me, and I can't wait to start sewing on it! Thank you Rob and Tammy! Seriously you never need to get me another present as long as you live, this is incredible! I appreciate it so much! Anyway that is all for now. Until I finish sewing something... I am signing off.



5 comments:

Diana said...

You sure deserve a well needed break! You did so much while you were here. I can't believe we only got together two times (well and lunch last week) Hope all is well with you and that Jonas with return to his adorable easy going self. Anyway I owe my blog knowledge to you. Thanks for the help. Chat with you soon!!!!!

Tammy said...

I am so happy that you are back home and blogging again! Glad that you were able to catch up with everyone in Canada and am thrilled that you are excited about the sewing machine! I can't wait to see what you create with it! It makes me want to get my machine out! Hope to see you guys this weekend! Love ya!

Heather said...

Great post! I don't mind the long ones one bit! :) However what is this exciting news you speak of? You can't just say you heard some and leave it at that!!! Do tell!!!

melissa said...

You guys definitely had an eventful August! I'm glad you're back and blogging again too. We miss your faces. I'm so happy we got to see Matt and Jonas, but it just wasn't the same without you here. Come play with us!!

Miriam said...

WOw--what a trip! And what a machine!!! Tell me more about her! Man, that is just soo cool. I always just long to live near my fellow crafty soul mates so that we could bask in our creativeness together. Is it a quilter? Give me the dl on the curvizzle!