Tuesday, January 27, 2009

And now... The moment you've all been waiting for...

I'm back! I've actually been back for a few days, but I really felt that my neglected Hubby deserved my undivided attention for a couple of days, oh and yesterday I was just feeling lazy. Anyway, after a long month of not being home, getting a nasty cold, discovering the possible beginnings of the terrible two's, and taking 5 (count them) 5 plane rides with a toddler... It is good to be home! The last few weeks have been awesome though. Christmas in Vegas was a blast, We got spoiled rotten. (Especially Jonas...) We got to relax, have fun and actually go out kid free. It kinda makes a girl want to live close to family, who doesn't love an occasional babysitter? After Vegas, Matt drove back to Idaho to prepare for his upcoming Semester and I took flight #1 to Canada where I got to babysit for my sis while she went to Mexico, and although she came home to an exhausted, stuffed up, and voiceless sitter, I really did have a good time with her 3 kids. I love them to bits! Especially when they do things like this. Oh yes that is her 4 year old asleep in the bathroom with no pants or underwear. Not to mention Jonas could not get enough of Hadley. He loves his cousin. Anyway I also got to see the rest of my family, which was great. Unfortunately, I did find out that the bridesmaid dress I'm supposed to wear in 6 weeks might be a tad snug. Now. Not in 6 weeks. Now. Anyway I'm sure everything will work out thanks to my amazing mother who doesn't have any worries. Anyway, I proceeded after that on flight #2 back to Vegas where my wonderful Chauffeurs picked me up for a quick nights sleep and a morning of re-packing for flight #3 to Stockton California! Luckily Jess and Griff don't actually live in Stockton,but that was the closest airport. Can I just say, that I think all Moms need a friend to hang out with all day while parenting? It doesn't even feel like parenting! I always thought that it was the making breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the changing diapers, and the playing, and reading stories that wore me out, but I really think now that it is the one and only lack of adult conversation. Having another person in the room who doesn't speak gibberish is so refreshing. I was sad it had to end considering all the fun things she planned for us to do, although I would have had just as nice a time if we sat in her house all week. Anyway, thanks again Jess and Griff! We had a wonderful time! Anyway I then boarded plane #4 and flew back to Las Vegas. Seriously, I can't thank my chauffeurs/In-laws enough. You guys are awesome! Then it was a quick day of rest and onto flight #5. Can I say, what a relief to see a super cute guy, waiting at the bottom of the escalator for us? I sure missed my Matt, and judging by the amount of homework he got done this weekend I have a pretty good idea that he missed us too! Anyway, sorry for the novel, but that is what happens when you disappear for a month! I will just end with a quick photo recap and be done for the day. Oh and P.S Aren't you glad the Christmas music is gone? I officially pulled a blogging equivalent of leaving my lights on the house all year long!

Monterey bay Aquarium. Such a fun place!
Jonas touching a starfish!
At the beach after the Aquarium.Sandy Feet!
The train at the Zoo! Jonas "toot tooted" the whole ride!Back to my mention of the terrible two's... Whenever I tried to get Jonas dressed he would throw a fit and curl up on the floor and pout. I think it made Sophie a tad concerned! Although it was not love on this trip, I think that her concern for his feelings was a very good sign! They did share their first kiss...
At Grandma and Grandpa's house the day before we got home. All that traveling sure wore him out!


P.P.S. On a slightly unrelated note I finished Jonas's Christmas Stocking! (before Christmas...) I'm a little proud of it!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Yeah! Back to blogging - I love it! Thanks for your visits - we love to see you guys even if it is in between flights, we will take whatever we can get! How did your appt with the Dr. go on Monday? Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, your back...it has been so boring without you blogging and that Melissa Lu, is such a slcaker, glad you back so we can keep up on the latest! Love you guys - Wendy

Heather said...

Wahoo! Now back to more Brandley Bits.... :) You were missed!

Camille said...

Glad you made it back! Looks like you had tons of fun on your vacationS. ha ha... enjoy it while you can! I agree about the mom thing, and encourage you to move to Vegas so we can hang out and let our kids play. I'm pretty sure you knew that already. Your stocking turned out great- I'm so proud of you!! Also, I'm coming in March and then probably again in June. So I'm thinking- baby photo shoot?? Hmm...

melissa said...

Yay for blogging! I'm glad you finally had time to do a little post. We had a lot of fun with you guys when you were here and we're glad you had a fun-filled vacation month. We miss you already, but I'm sure Matt is ecstatic to have his family back!

Jess said...

I love your new blog background! So cute! Today has been a day when rational adult converstion would really be benificial to me! The girls are driving me crazy. Even the unknown half pint is being a pain and I'm convinced it's going to come out with clown sized feet. Then I'll say, "well that explains all the rib shots and how you kept me up from 4-5 every morning". Geesh.

Diana said...

Ahhh it looks like you had so much fun! I really agree that spending time with friends gibberish free is important...At least my Kindergarten class can somewhat communicate even if it is just about Legos and food. We seriously need to plan a trip in a few months (or in a year) when all three of us get together and relive the glory days (even if we have to relive them with 4 kids, 3 hubbies, and two dogs) I miss my girls!!!
Hope all is well with Boy #2!! Do you have a name yet?

Jessie said...

Okay so I totally need copies of all the pictures you took while you were here. I couldn't contain my laughter when I saw the one of Rawley. We miss you tonnes, but I guess we will see you soon enough.