Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm annoyed but he doesn't know it.


Yes that's right. This kid has no concept of Annoyance... Or if he does he doesn't seem to care. It's probably just me and I shouldn't be annoyed, but I am. He almost fell asleep in the car on the way home from the grocery store, which in my mind means, he should have fallen asleep when I put him in his room right when we got home. He should not have rearranged his room, torn an (almost) indestructible board book, tried to rescue lost cars from behind his dresser, emptied numerous boxes of too small clothes, and proceed to jump on his bed, and yell at me from underneath the door for the last two hours. When I went in there, he should not have been all grins when he saw my angry face, but he should have been terrified of his scary Mommy. Apparently, I'm not scary. But he should think that I am. Even as I type this I am shooting him annoyed and angry glances that are going completely unnoticed. I guess peanut butter is more interesting. But seriously, can I really stay mad at that cute oblivious face? I guess not.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That's too funny. I hate in when my kids are happy when they're supposed to be sleeping, but it's hard to be very mad when they are acting cute and laughing...they know how to win us over I guess.

Megan

P.S. Thanks for the blog advertising

Jessie said...

Hee Hee, welcome to the world of big boy beds! There will always be good days and bad days, but I will warn you the bad do out number the good. But seriously how can you resist that grin!

Tammy said...

Will he let you lay down beside him? At least you are there and he knows he has to lay down by you for a while, even if you dont sleep you will get a rest which works well for all involved. What do you need for the new baby, I am dying to go shopping for him but I dont know what he needs, I got him some onsies, but those are boring I want to find sonething fum, Do you wan me to make him something to be blessed in? When are you going to bless him May or June? Let me know what we can be doing to help you out. Havent talked to you guys for a while I hope you are all doing well. mom Tam

Jess said...

I love this picture! How are you feeling? Cindy just told me that it's normal once you get to the end of your pregnancy to wonder why the heck you are having more children if you don't even like the ones you have. I've been feeling a tad on edge with Sophie lately, and she isn't even wrecking her room! Oh btw- Candice is doing really well! I'll have to send you a message on facebook and fill you in.

melissa said...

You've created a monster Renee!

Anonymous said...

HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY GET MAD AT THAT LITTLE DARLING!!! i THINK TAMMY'S IDEA OF LAYING BY HIM SOUNDS GOOD, AND YOU COULD GET THAT MUCH NEEDED REST(ESPECIALLY AFTER THE BABY GETS HERE) AND IT WILL BE A FUN BONDING TIME WITH YOU AND THE BIG BOY WITH THE CHOCOLATE FINGERS!!! LOVE YOU GUYS! TBGAITWWW - WENDY

The Brandleys said...

I wish I could lay by him, but lets just say he is not the snuggly type. Well unless he's sick. If I lay by him he thinks it's time to wrestle. (Thanks a lot Daddy). Believe me I've tried.