Monday, March 9, 2009

Daylight... What?

Sunday Morning 8:45 Our conversation.
Me: Oooh look we did it again, two weeks in a row we're gonna get soft seats at church!
Matt: Yay!

Driving up to the church 3 minutes later...
Me: Does the parking lot seem really crowded? I didn't think people showed up this early for 9:00 church...
Matt: Mmmm... Yah it does.

Walking into the church 1.5 minutes later...
Matt: It's really quiet...
Me: Maybe they're throwing us a surprise party.
Matt: Surprise church? *weird look.

Mmmm. I guess you could say we forgot, no wait let me re-phrase that. We had absolutely no idea that it was daylight savings. Not even a clue. Who decides when these things happen anyway. They need to send out a memo.

P.S. One good thing about daylight savings... It means Spring is on it's way. I am looking at a Robin right outside my window as I type this. I am so excited!

6 comments:

Diana said...

Bahaa. We did that once not too long ago. We were prepared for yesterday but I still didn't get to church on time. You can't mess with my sleep time! Tragically I did suffer for missing sacrament. My little baby car was stolen last night. Pooey!

Heather said...

At least you had no idea!!! .....I knew and just forgot!!! Silly me. :)

Jessie said...

Do you need a reminder phone call?? I actually didn't know until I read the newspaper Saturday morning! Now I am still messed up with losing an hour.

Camille said...

he he... see, we are always an hour late for church. Just look on the bright side, next daylight savings, you'll be an hour early! Then you can get the very softest seats.

Wish we could have dropped by while we were in town over the weekend. Just TOO much family stuff going on! Next time for sure. :-)

Jess said...

That is sooo funny!!!! I remembered and set all my clocks, but then forgot to set my alarm (duh) and was still late for church!

melissa said...

I'm pretty sure you're both retarded. And I'm laughing at your expense. :)